BLIND SPOT TEST
Align your values and messaging
Messaging is outward-facing communication. Marketing collateral can attract customers, increase profits and build your brand. It can also offend people you'll never meet or can cause employees to look elsewhere.
We developed this tool to get clients to think about messaging from different perspectives. Take a few minutes to evaluate your marketing materials on a scale of 1-5, ("No" is 1, "Yes" is 5), tally the score and rate your skills below.
Messaging Blind Spot Test
"Thank you for the presentation on diversity "blind spots" in one's marketing collateral- online and offline. I really liked your assessment tool, the Blind Spot Test."
1. Current and potential customers see themselves represented respectfully ____
2. We're marketing on platforms and in (real and virtual) spaces where prospects show up ____
3. Photos appeal to people with different learning styles or multicultural customers ____
4. Our marketing collateral conveys our values and cultural inclusion efforts ____
5. Photos don’t offend clients who are more traditional or religious than average ____
6. Subliminal messages are positive, accurate and appropriate for our sector or industry ____
TOTAL SCORE ____